I'm Not Dead

For those of you that might have wondered, I'm not dead. At least not totally.

As a quick recap, I was incredibly busy two weeks before I left for my "official vacation". You know the drill. "Hey, before you go can you...?" Multiply that by 3 or 4 since the teammate that used to take care of all of those items has been gone for about a month (thank G*d), and he never really did anything that competently anyway. So I therefore have to figure out what he did, how he screwed it up, correct it, and then produce the correct results. To that end, saying that I have been busy is a drastic understatement. So I got all that I could done before leaving on vacation.

Then after doing the West to East Coast travel insanity involving 3 planes, an extra 30 minutes in the air due to weather, 2 layovers, one of which was extended by over an hour for more weather, and another that was a rushed 3/4 mile dash from one plane to another, encompassing a grand total of about 10+ hours... yeah, I was tired. And much to my chagrin, a good part of the vacation involved a stepbrother visiting with his new girlfriend and her three incredibly challenging kids due to a lack of attention on her part. (Uninvolved parenting took on an entirely new dimension that week.) Then cooking preparations for my stepfather's 50th birthday party started, which took almost 2 full days. But we ate like the King of Kings. Amazing. In between all of that, I was doing my level best to work on my consulting regardless of whether I had planned to get some R&R. Also decided on taking a new job by the end of July, which is great for us, but involved several phone calls with a neurotic recruiter. I mean, seriously. I said I'd take the job. How could that mean that I'm not that "excited" about it?

All in all, it was a great vacation, but entirely way too short, and involved way too many ties to my current busy schedule & life. At least I was able to get a bit more sleep than if I was home, and I had the opportunity to spend some quality time with my family.

So that's where I've been. Sorry to disappear, and expect much more from me in the coming days & weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HNT - Entry One (2006)

HNT - Entry Two

Denouement