Broken Asunder

So despite my absence on the blogging scene, I've been doing well. Okay, well is a relative term, but I've been doing much better than I could have hoped or expected in this juncture of my life. Lately, it's been boosted by a simple medication. But that's for another post.

This is more about how even though I'm feeling much better than I could have ever hoped at times, there are pronounced & profound moments where previous guilt & feelings of shame resurface. Making me feel in many ways, lost or wishing that I had made better choices in my life. Choices that wouldn't have hurt some of those that I hold most dear.

How or what causes this you might ask? A few words, composed in a lyrical fashion, accompanied by almost haunting melodies, and sung with a level of anguish & raw context that it nearly makes me cry. I can't say that I really knew the name James Blunt before last night. But now that I do, I feel like I'm just starting my journey of healing. Which is both good in that I still recognize I'm far from perfect & have plenty to work on. And bad, in that my progress can be measured along the yard stick of my mental health in fractions.

And before you just label me as being "melodramatic", which wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility based on some of my history, please listen, and tell me what emotions it extracts from you.



It's real.
It's raw.
It's poignant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HNT - Entry One (2006)

HNT - Entry Two

Denouement