Parental Insanity

So I'm sitting here, waiting for my adorable wife to finish her blog reading & internet surfing. I think my exact request was, "If we're going to watch a movie together, I'd like you to put away your computer so that we can spend time together." Funny how things can go full circle, when I'm typically the computer geek, solidly attached to my laptop by the surface tension gravitational force of my finger pads resting against the keys. I'll admit it. Now that she's blogging, I've created a monster. But all-in-all, it's a good thing.

Outside of that though, I'm being driven slowly insane by this sweet, adorable, and almost too hard to resist voice down our hallway intermittently yelling out "Dayee, Dayee!" (Yes, he can't quite enunciate the second set of D's in my "name", but for crying out loud, he's two. Cut him a break.) Anyway, he should be asleep by now, since he was put to bed over an hour ago, but alas, he's fighting it tooth & nail... much like someone else I remember who fell asleep at the age of 3 in his doorway, listening to his parents & their friends downstairs at a get together. Because I wasn't allowed to leave my room. On pain of some horrible, unmentionable punishment, which was probably just the withering glare from either parent.

So, yes, my resolve is crumbling, and I'm almost willing to go in there & placate him so that I don't have to listen to yet another enticing utterance of my so called parental identifier. Did you catch the word almost in there?

In other words, I either go console my adorable kid, or I write a long overdue post to my fellow readers & friends. Consider yourself blessed, and I'm grateful to have you.

Because I think you're saving me from another withering glare.
That of my previously mentioned adorable wife.
And the glare that I'd earn if I were to get up and appease a 2 year old.

So... again... thank you.

Comments

Leesa said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

HNT - Entry One (2006)

HNT - Entry Two

Denouement